1. What is MyInfo Business?
Designed by the Singapore Government, MyInfo Business is a service that enables businesses to consent and share its corporate and applicant's personal data for simpler online transactions.
CorpPass users can control and consent to share their data securely with participating businesses for more seamless digital transactions. They can enjoy less form-filling and a reduced need for providing supporting documentation for verification.
MyInfo Business is currently a pilot. More details will be shared in the second half of 2019.
2. What are the benefits of MyInfo Business?
By using their MyInfo Business profile, CorpPass users can enjoy the following benefits at participating digital services:
- Minimise repetitive filling of your personal and corporate information in online transactions;
- Lower incidence of mistakes as a result of human error; and
- Reduce the need to submit physical documents as verification to complete transactions.
3. How do I view or update my entity details in MyInfo Business?
4. How do I view or update my personal details?
Government-verified fields contain information that has been reasonably verified by the relevant Government agency upon receipt. Should there be any inaccuracies, please contact the relevant agency to update the respective Government-verified fields, indicated by the tooltip icon on the right of the respective data item in the MyInfo user portal (www.myinfo.gov.sg).
Please note that it will normally take 1-3 working days for your MyInfo profile to reflect the updated data after verification by the relevant agency.
For more information on how can I update my Name/Sex/Date of Birth/Nationality/Country of Birth/Race/Dialect in MyInfo, please click here.
5. How do I sign up for a CorpPass account?
CorpPass is now the only login method for online corporate transactions with more than 140 government digital services.
To sign up for CorpPass, please click here.
6. Through MyInfo Business, can I retrieve the personal data of other directors in my business?
No. For privacy reasons, during the retrieval of MyInfo Business data, you can only access your business’s corporate data and your own personal data.
7. How do I know if I am assigned to use the MyInfo Business service for my entity?
Assigned Singapore residents with a valid CorpPass account may use the service. You may refer to our guide on eligibility here for details.
8. What is the MyInfo Business pilot, and how can my Business participate? Will more services offer MyInfo Business?
Government Technology Agency (GovTech) and Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) are currently working with the industry to facilitate Financial Institutions’ identity and credit assessments of SMEs using trusted government data. The pilot with three banks will run for six months. More details will be shared in the second half of the year.
You may subscribe to our mailing list here to stay in touch about new data items and reference journeys.
9. Will the Government be adding other datasets to MyInfo Business?
The Government will assess the usefulness of other datasets after the pilot. More details will be shared in the second half of the year.
10. Can I authorise a Third Party Entity to transact on behalf of my business?
No. The MyInfo Business pilot currently focused on validating corporate transactions which are performed by business owners themselves.